Sunday 16 February 2014

The best things

The past few weeks really haven't been easy but instead of writing about that I'm going to write about all the stuff I really enjoy. Maybe it will help me be more appreciative of the amazing experience I am having!
1. Norwegian chocolate. I probably eat way too much but it is perfectly creamy. Way better than cadburys!
2. Seeing the sun. Sounds a little bit strange but after such a dark winter there is nothing like the feeling of the sun. Even if it is still minus digits outside.
3. Food in general. Risgrøt, waffles, salmon, wholegrain bread, pastries, cakes with lots of cream, fresh berries and the list could go on!

Muskat and I having cuddles one day after school.
I make tea on Thursday. On this particular day I decided to try making risgrøt and I think it worked pretty well!

4. My host families cat. After I have been here for 6 months she has finally started liking me and now we are best friends.
5. There is a general appreciation of the outdoors here which is really cool. Something we need to learn more about in New Zealand!

In what other country does barbie go to the cabin for the weekend?!
6. Public amenities here are really good. My town has an awesome library. The schools are really good, the hospital looks like something from the future (hopefully I won`t have to make use of that!) and most  neighbourhoods have a little ice skating rink!
7. Busses go everywhere and run really often. It makes things very easy. I will admit that it did take a little while to get weaned off the tolcarne taxi system but I haven't taken the wrong bus for a while now (touch wood)
8. Towns are not made for cars. In fact they are made to be incredibly annoying if you try to take your car to town. This is good because roads and parking don't dictate the town!
9. Strong traditions because its such an old country. And there are special foods for every occasion!
10. My host family. I'm lucky to get to share this year with great people who enjoy sharing their culture as much as I like experiencing it!



Last, but defiantly not least, I got my first mark on a test which I had written in Norwegian! It was in geography and I got a 3 which is equal to a low achieved in New Zealand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment